The post-launch content for the first year of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 has been unveiled by Ubisoft and as expected most of it will be free, the Year 1 Pass basically granting early access to the content among other things. New Episodes, additional narrartives and missions, new PvP and PvE modes and new specilizations are planned. Full details inside. Open beta will start this Friday, the game launches March 15.
Ubisoft Details Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 Full Year of Free Post-Launch Content
Year 1 Pass Grants 7-Day Early Access to Episodes and Instant Access to All Year 1 Specializations as They Release
SAN FRANCISCO — February 27, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft® announced the details for the Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 first year of free post-launch content as well as the Year 1 Pass, which is included in the Gold Edition and Digital Ultimate Edition of the game, or available separately for $39.99. The Open Beta will be taking place this weekend from March 1-4 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 releases worldwide on March 15, 2019, on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.
Following Tom Clancy’s The Division 2’s endgame-first philosophy, players can look forward to a full year of free post-launch content that includes Episodes, free major content updates with additional narratives and missions, new PvP and PvE modes, and new specializations. Each specialization brings a new signature weapon and skill tree to unlock and master as players take on new high-level challenges. Players can expect the following content:
• Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
• Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
• Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
• Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations
• Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
For players who want to get their hands on new content as soon as possible, the Year 1 Pass will grant players the following:
• 7-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content
• Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release
• 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
• Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties,
For the latest news about the Open Beta, please visit: www.thedivisiongame.com/beta.
Led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with seven other studios around the world*, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is the next evolution in the open-world online shooter RPG genre that the first game helped establish. Set seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will bring players into a fractured and collapsing Washington D.C. The world is on the brink, its people living through the biggest crisis ever faced in human history. As veteran Division agents, players are the last hope against the complete fall of society as enemy factions vie for control of the city. If Washington D.C. is lost, the entire nation falls. Building upon more than two years of listening to and learnings from The Division community, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will offer a substantial campaign that organically flows into a robust endgame, to create a cohesive and meaningful experience for all types of players.
For more information on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, please visit: tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com. For the latest news on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and all of Ubisoft’s games, visit Ubisoft News: news.ubisoft.com.
*Associate studios are Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Leamington, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Sofia
I never got the appeal of CE/LE editions. I guess I am not really into ornaments. (48 minutes ago)
The $90 Collector's Edition of Sekiro is LIGHTYEARS better than the $150 Collector's Edition of Devil May Cry 5! #Facts (2 Hours ago)
I really didn't want to have to buy a game for a while but the comparisons of Sekiro to Ninja Gaiden has my ears perked up (6 Hours ago)
[url] man ian mckellen made me enjoy FOTR so immensely. watched it three times at the cinema. each movie. (6 Hours ago)
I've never watched boradwalk empire, but heard good things, i'll add it to my list. Anywhos off to watch The Expanse S03E01. :) (6 Hours ago)
I'm waiting till this half season's finale of Walking Dead to watch the lot, this last season didn't really capture my interest, it used to be my number 1 series. Hannibal is another gem of a series. (6 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: Damn it, didn't realise only 2 episodes released so far. I recommend watching The Expanse, it's on Amazon in 4K, it's the game of thrones of Sci Fi, I just started watching S03. It's awesome. (7 Hours ago)